Viaggio arte in bella Italia Art Travel in Beautiful Italy 17-29 Oct 2017
with Carolyn Sheather & Judith Greenaway (from Discovering Italy)
Create travel journals full of Italian delights…
Step into an amazing creative adventure in Italy where we’ll capture moments and memories to treasure forever.
You will be filled with inspiration and the tools necessary to design travel journals in your future trips…take away skills
Journaling helps us slow down, savour every moment, live in the present and create meaningful memories of our travels.
We'll sketch and paint everyday if we like, all Art Classes and Artist Journal Sessions are included!
Other Sensory inclusions:
- A personal guide who speaks both languages, happily shares her knowledge of history and culture, has a great sense of humour and a passion for our tours…
- Tasting luscious Italian wines and cuisines, simple, fresh, passionately prepared delicious food
VENICE - a visit the Doges Palace and a gondola ride from San Marco
- Experience a genuine Glass Demonstration on the island of Murano
- Make your very own Venetian Mask in a traditional way at a special Workshop
ORVIETO - you receive the Orvieto City entry card for all the sites, museums & monuments
- Discover the Signorelli Fresco masterpieces in the Orvieto Cathedral dating back to 1499
- Decorate your own Maiolica tiles with an International Master Ceramicist
ROME - Wander the Coliseum, Roman Forum, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi etc
- Tour some of Italy's most impressive Churches and Gothic Cathedrals
- See stunning views, orchards, wineries, markets, caves, canals, mountains and monuments
- Roam peaceful, early morning streets with long languid shadows
Lets experience Italy through art, history, culture and food!
Check this link for more http://discoveringitaly.com/art-focus/art-journalling
Because we’re on an Italian adventure, you have the freedom to choose where and what to eat some of the time… We always have Judith, with all her language, love and local knowledge she can make recommendations and answer our questions.
Dates: October 17-29 October , 2017
- Venice (5 nights), Orvieto, (5 nights), ends in Rome (2 nights) 12 nights/13 days
- All accommodation as twin share in fabulous 3* convent-type venues
- All breakfasts as part of the accommodation package
- 3 dinners and special 'tasting' lunch
- All Entries and Inclusions
- Transport & Transfers
- Private guide, 24/7 bilingual assistance
- Maiolica decorating class
- Venice Mask Making session in Umbria http://discoveringitaly.com/art-focus/art-journalling
• Advice on travel plans before or after the Art Tour with Carolyn if desired
Airfares/insurances extra——Single supp available for additional cost- subject to availability.
Post art tour, extended programs available – fully customised to include more days in Rome & Florence, on request.
Carolyn Sheather Art Tours
To travel through Italy is already an amazing experience on its own, but to paint it with Carolyn, absorbing the sounds, the history, the architecture, the stories and culture, the colours, the people and flavours through art, well that my friend is something that dreams are made of!
Her art tours are carefully planned and designed with the creative in mind, she engages fabulous local guides that have loads of knowledge about the culture and the area. “We get to go to places that most people never see, we met local artists, chefs, wine makers and pizza lovers.
For me the real gift of being part of these tours is the tuition with Carolyn. Not only is she a gifted artist, she is a superb teacher and tutor. She has a way of communicating a scene or object so that you never quite look at a simple object or complex scene the same way again, and I will be forever grateful for her tuition, her insight and her deep knowledge and comprehensive understanding of art.
Carolyn’s art tours are by far the most amazing travel experiences I’ve ever had.
Art Tours with Carolyn
I have experienced three trips to both Greece and Italy to paint with Carolyn, and I am lining up for another!
What is it that has me coming back for more?There are several boxes that all get ticks!
The painting is a blissful experience. To have morning after morning just to indulge in the serenity, the company of like minded creative individuals and with the encouragement and support of Carolyn, we attempt to put down the various impressions of a stimulating environment.
Mixing with local people in small villages that are off the normal tourist routes.
Consequently we often find ourselves in interesting coffee shops eating wonderful foods. Then wandering the villages and castle ruins, or exploring amazing gardens, a renowned painters studio, or the pleasure of a workshop with a local artisan trying a new medium. We learn so much about local customs, stories and history.
So I will be back for another total immersion in a new location, experiencing, learning and growing...Thanks Carolyn.
Love and cheers—- Lyndall